Friday, January 9, 2009

Back in the Day

So I recently reconnected on Facebook with a friend from my post-college/pre-Navy days. During this time of my life I have very few pictures, I mean, what do you expect... I was like 19-20ish. So she drummed up some photos that really brought back a flood of memories. I thought I would share them with you here, and give you some of my (and my children's) thoughts on the subject. Here I am with my friend Stephanie. This photo reminded me that even though I was a legal adult, I looked younger and was thus treated like a little sister! Here Stephanie is saying, "look how cute she is!" (well, I guess I kinda was...hee hee)
This was the first singles branch I ever attended. Surprisingly I can remember 6 people's names out of the other 9 with me! My memory isn't as bad as I thought, yea! If you can't pick me out, I'm in the striped dress behind Pres. Canann, our Branch Pres. at the time.
This was at a branch activity. While my friend Lisa (with the guy) is focused on her priorities, I'm focusing on mine...the cake! Just a side note, while it may be sad that I remember how delicious the cake is, it's even sadder that Lisa doesn't remember the guy sitting on her lap! Okay, I don't really remember the cake, but the rest of the previous statement is true! But here is the MOST disturbing thing about this picture. When Connor saw it he said, "MOM, YOU WERE HOT!" Yes, I felt good about the compliment, and VERY disturbed that it came from my son.
Little Aubrey went off to join the Navy and chopped her hair but didn't forget her friends. This was one of the times I came back to visit, probably about two years after joining the Navy, say about 1997. So, I just thought I would share since I've been feeling so nostalgic this week. Hope you enjoy!

5 comments:

Sheree said...

I love seeing all the pictures! You are so cute, and tan! How fun to see your old pictures. I love facebook.

islandgirl said...

You have me all nostalgic and those aren't even my memories, LOL! But we all have them! Nice to get a little insight into the old Aubrey!

Adhis said...

I'm so glad you pointed yourself out in the first group photo. I was gonna guess "the one in the tie." Silly me.

That was a FUNNY story about the cake photo! "I remember the cake, she doesn't remember the guy." Oh... so funny...

Meredith said...

Cute Aubrey! lmbo that Conner called you hot!!!

Anonymous said...

Holy crap! I can't believe those photos! That takes me back... (I don't have any pics from that era either, so it's fun to see these).

But the hair. Everybody's HAIR! So tragic... and it wasn't that long ago. Was it...?