Thursday, February 5, 2009

First Born Survey

Here you go mommies - a different kind of survey for a change - it's all about your first born! Just copy and paste it in a new note for yourself!

Let's see how much you remember!

1. WAS YOUR FIRST EVER PREGNANCY PLANNED? Uh, NO!

2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yes, for 3 WHOLE WEEKS!

3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? I was excited, Russ...a little shocked.

4. HOW DID YOU PICK A NAME? We bought a baby name book and took it on a trip to Washington. We both liked Aidan for a first name...and since he was to be born in 1999 and Russ' grandfather was born in 1899 we gave Aidan his grandfathers name as a middle name, Emory.5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 24

6. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? my family then Russ'

7. HOW DID YOU TELL YOUR SPOUSE? While trying to contain my excitement (knowing Russ would not be as excited) I said, "Russ, I have good or bad news..." Needless to say he immediately thought it was a joke.

8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? Absolutely!

9. DUE DATE? August 5th, 1999

10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? I was sick 24 hours a day for the first 4 months.

11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? Mostly nothing (I was so nauseous) but one night all I wanted was a Burger King cheese burger

12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? SMELLS! Ugh! and not being able to roll over in one place. Russ was on an air mattress the last month because I had to actually ROLL from side to side...there was no room for him on our Full size bed. We have a King now.

13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? a boy

14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING?
Nope! I love having boys!

15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? 50

16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? Yes.

17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? I knew.

18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? Yes. He was HUGE! I PUSHED for over 2 hours. They finally pulled him out with forecepts. We knew he was measuring large and planned to have a c-section. The doc thought he was smaller than he was and thought I could deliver him.
19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? Renaissance Birthing Center in Edmond, OK

20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? 8

21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? My hubby

22.WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? Well WHO DIDN'T? LOL Russ, my dad, and the plethora of nurses in the room. Heck, I'm not quite sure cause there were so many people in and out and "checking" my progress...

23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? Natural

24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? Heck, yeah! I'm no dummy!

27. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 9 lbs 4 oz

28. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN? July 26, 1999 (10 days early)30. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Aidan Emory Woolcott

31. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY? 9 (*sniff* he's not a baby anymore)Now he's a GREAT big brother!
We Love You Aidan!!

6 comments:

Katy said...

What a cutie pie he is!

I can't believe you got pregnant SO SOON after getting married!! Wowzer! My cousin got married 13 days before me and they announced their pregnancy at my wedding, so it was literally a wedding night thing for them.

I love the pictures!!

Kat said...

What fun pics. :) I can't believe you got pregnant that quickly after getting married. Wow. :)

Nathalie Smith said...

Fun! I am now stocking you over blogspot! Just kidding. Love hearing Labor/ pregnancy stories,especially now!

Jackie said...

I love that picture of you and Russ and Aiden on his dads chest. Adorable. Wow!! 9 pounds. Ouch!!I need an epidural just thinking about it.

We found out on our 3 week anniversary that we were pregnant, then Joshie was 2 months early. Scandalous.

Jackie said...

Hey, I read about your April fools joke on Adhis' blog. Oh I wish I came up with that. Hilarious.

Adhis said...

Does the expanse of time since you've blogged mean the other kids aren't blog-worthy?