I've been walking with Christi for a couple of weeks now, and I only ran two little spurts during that time. I had pretty much just resigned myself to walking the 5K. The night before I got to sleep at 2 a.m. and then woke myself up every hour for fear of over sleeping. Needless to say, I was exhausted, and so was Russ. So when I told Russ (on the way to the 5K) that I was going to run as much as I could, he was NOT happy. "I'm not running, I'm too tired". "But Russ, you have to stay by my side to keep me going!" "I'm not running." That's probably what we're discussing in the pic below.

Well, my sweet hubby ran with me! He was so great! Especially since it's REALLY hard for him to "trot". When he runs he either sprints or walks. Plus, his stride is larger than mine, so really my jog is about the same as a brisk walk for him. But he trotted beside me and kept me going. What a guy. The only time I complained was when we were at the end and he was walking beside me as I ran. "Could you please at least look like your running, you're making me look bad!"
Not that he could make me look worse than I made myself look in this pic. At least I had a smile on my face, right? Thanks Kim for the pics I stole off of your website! Can you tell that Russ was so done!Anyway, I finished my first 5K and actually ran (trotted) about half of it. That was a pretty big deal for me! I used to think I wanted to run a marathon one day, but I'm pretty sore after the 5K! At least for now I think I'll stick to "short" races. Even though my time of 55 minutes and some seconds isn't the greatest in the world, it's a starting place. Heres to beating my time in the future! (it shouldn't be too difficult, LOL!)
Here's the runners from our ward. Amy, Carrie, and Kat walked up shortly after the pic was taken. Sorry we left you out girls! Nice pose Adhis! Aidan ran his first 5K too! He finished ten minutes before Russ and I and came in 4th for his age group. He was so excited to do so well in a race! We're proud of him too! I'm proud of our family! I was thinking that this would be a great tradition as a family, and maybe next time I'll keep up with Aidan, and in a few years the whole family will be out there together! (Just don't tell my legs!)

10 comments:
You go girl! I am so proud of you and your family!!! Looks like you had fun despite getting no sleep.
Hooray! You rock! I on the other hand slept until 9 that morning, I totally forgot. I am a slacker!
You go girl! I hate running, so I am so proud of you for doing it!
You were amazing!!
That's my runner's butt. Getting across the finish line got me high on something. I think out of the 12 photos taken of the group, I had only one with me in a normal pose. This photo was obviously not the one.
BTW, thanks for helping me keep going. I seriously would NOT have done it if you guys hadn't been hauling butt already.
Great job!! You look like you had fun! You should be proud of your self, That is very hard to do. I have only done one 5k and it was not very fun for me.
Your Awesome! Good Job!
Your Tagged!
Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours.
Tag 6 fellow bloggers by linking them.Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged.
Have Fun!
Great Job Aubrey! And you can totally do a marathon, the running thing gets a lot easier, and the soreness wears off.
You are awesome!
I'm impressed! Last time I ran I about hurt myself. Way to go!!
Post a Comment