So, we had our "Biggest Loser" meeting last night. We did weight, measurements and body fat%. So from last week I was up a pound (Aunt Flo came to visit, so this was expected), but I lost 1.5% of my body fat in the last three weeks. I was really glad to see some progress. So maybe it wasn't HUGE progress, but I really am taking baby steps right now.
This process hasn't been easy. There are as many, if not more, emotional changes that have taken and are taking place as there are physical changes. I have clung to this large body for emotional and physical safety. I'm really trying to mentally and emotionally prepare myself for the body that I want and need.
I know that most people who are overweight or obese have similar experiences, that's why I think this group is so important. Those of us who have "signed on" to this journey, did so knowing it wouldn't be easy but that we would be here for each other. We can't give up on each other, or ourselves. We're a team. There is no "I" in team. I want you all to know that I'm here for you, and if there is anything I can do to help you along in this process PLEASE let me know. Hang in there and "buck up".
4 days ago

2 comments:
Also, "Buckle up!"
I'm just sayin'...
That is awesome Aubrey! I am impressed. And yes, it is nice to have to remind yourself to eat more frequently. I eat much better when I have breakfast too. When I allow myself to get really hungry, I just eat whatever. You are doing great!
Are you guys doing a Biggest Loser Premiere Party? I'll host if you're not. That would be so fun!
Post a Comment