Saturday, November 1, 2008

Freedom to Choose, and Responsibility

We are at a crossroads. Every day we wake up to face a slightly more evil society. We armor ourselves and our children with the word of God and with prayer against Satan and his army. We decide in advance where our "lines" are that we absolutely will not cross. For some of us it's easy to say, "well, I know I will not smoke a cigarette, drink alcohol, or view pornography today". Do we however brace ourselves for the choices between good and evil that are unexpected and seemingly benign? There are many examples of these choices, but today in light of the current season, I am referring to the election.Throughout the scriptures we read of cunning men who were charismatic and had the ability to lead astray great numbers of people from the ways of God. In almost every case, these men's purposes ultimately were to take away freedom. Is this not Satan's purpose? Are we not currently presented with this same choice?

You may say we have no choice because we must choose the lesser of two evils. This just means it is a GREATER responsibility to choose the better man. One man may SAY something that seems innocent, but have we looked into his past choices? Does a man's history not tell who a man truly is? Are a man's choices not recorded in heaven?

What a wonderful blessing to live in a free country. How much greater our responsibility to make righteous decisions. Do not be led astray by cunning men who seek to take away our freedom. Truly investigate those presented before us before casting our vote. I was reading scriptures last night and found many similarities to our current situation.
Let us all choose responsibly. We cannot count on the checks and balances set up by our forefathers! Our constitution does indeed hang by a thread! We are told it will be saved by the priesthood. Who do you think that refers to? I truly believe we will be judged for all of our decisions. There is no luke warm, you are hot or cold. Where do your alliances lie? I don't write this to be an alarmist, only to bring us all to question ALL decisions we make. We have been given great blessings, and with great blessings come great responsibility. How will you choose?

7 comments:

joy said...

I love your blog. It came to me as a response of google-alert for "be joyful". Thank you for letting me read it and for the encouragement to do right and for its
inspiration. I also love the pictures of your family. Thanks so much.
joy@beejoyfulquilts.com
www.beejoyfulquilts.com

Joyful Mother of Children said...

I must be crazy. At least I think I'm getting a complex since none of my friends commented on this post. Do you guys think I'm crazy? Do you think I've crossed the line? I guess I expected some comments, be they negative or positive.

Carrie said...

Hey Aubrey,
I never comment on blogs, but I just wanted to let you know I enjoyed your post. It was very eloquent without even going close to crossing the line. I think you expressed your opinion well without being offensive. I love ya tons!
-Carrie

Christi said...

If I choose not to choose, is that a choice? and am I choosing the right not the choose between two corrupt choices?



HA HA HA HA HA HA

Christi said...

Still laughing......oh I crack myself up sometime.

Love ya lots

Janet said...

You are great! I love reading your blog. I really liked your post, you are a great writer and I agree with you. You are awesome.

Janet said...

hey i made my blog private so I need your email to invite you to it. Send it to beagley61 at hotmail dot com. :)