Let me tell you about our family. You already know about me, Russ, Aidan, Connor, Coby and Rylie. But do you know about Harry, our pet gopher snake? Or Suki, our very mean cat? Or Velma, Rachel, Rosie, Hermione, Isabella and Miss Puffington our beloved chickens? Well, I'll tell you more about them another time because this post is about our newest addition (drum roll please) JASPER the bunny! 

Yes, the Te'o family was nice enough to let us adopt Jasper. This is a new area for us. I had a bunny when I was about 9 years old, but let's face it, that was an eternity ago!
I wasn't exactly sure how the meeting between Suki and Jasper would go. They really didn't know WHAT to think of each other. Suki stalked around the cage. Jasper "thumped" to let her know not to mess with him. After a while I let Jasper out with Suki. Jasper, much to my surprise, chased Suki around and around. Suki just stayed out of reach and seemed confused about what he was and what he was doing. Well, apparently rabbits will mount other bunnies/animals to show dominance. This is true for both male and female rabbits. Jasper caught Suki and mounted her. Suki didn't know what the heck was going on! I separated them and put Jasper back in his cage.
A while later I decided to try again. Well, they played cat and mouse, I mean cat and rabbit, for a while again. Pretty soon he mounted her again. The kids were screaming (I had gone to the kitchen for a minute) that he was hurting Suki. They were in Suki's kitty condo (her pad as it were). I reached in and pulled Suki out. Much to my surprise she darted BACK IN! Naughty kitty!!! She WANTED the "bunny love". I put Jasper back in his cage (this was NOT for such young eyes!). Suki was meowing and going crazy wanting me to let Jasper out of his cage. After the kids were in bed I thought I'd let them "cuddle". So they head back to the condo. I peeked in and Suki was licking Jasper's fur. Oh my. Well, I went in the kitchen to put some things away for a few minutes. When I came back in the living room the two of them were on the stairs. Suki was biting Jasper on the scruff of his neck trying to pull him upstairs with her. Okay kitty, this is getting a little ridiculous. I put "fluffy" back in his cage and covered it up. Suki attacked me (and Russ) on my way upstairs for bed. She wanted Jasper out and became a monster! What a strange strange couple. Sigh...
So, I decided to google this seemingly odd relationship. Apparently it's fairly common. It was amusing to look up cat/rabbit hybrid, or cabbit, and hear the silly stories people have about them. It's not genetically possible for a cabbit to exist, but fun to imagine what they would look like. I'm just glad they can make each other happy without any weird consequences. Is that bad of me????

6 comments:
um.
Ew.
BTW, my word verification is "outed."
Oh dear that's funny. And gross. But mostly funny.
Yeah, it's gross. I was slightly delirious when I wrote the post last night. I've been sick all night and all day so I wasn't in my right mind. Had I been, I probably wouldn't have written about it. Sorry everybody if it's TMI/TMV.
Oh my gosh that made me laugh so hard. What a dirty kitty!!
(I found your blog from your facebook page and added you to my reader. Hope you don't mind!)
I seriously thought you were going to announce they had a baby together. I thought that top pic of a cabbit was legit. Cute story though.
Post a Comment