Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I'm a "Loser" Baby!

So, as I'm sure you can tell from the title of the blog, I lost some weight this week! (Or maybe you DO think I'm a loser!) I've been very skeptical that eating MORE food could make me lose. So, like a Sumo wrestler, my entire adult life has been spent not eating breakfast, or much of anything else, until evening when I feel totally starved and chow down on not-so-healthy foods.

I now feel like I'm eating constantly! My mind says, "you're eating too much, you need to be "dieting", but Cyd (and Bob from Biggest Loser) says eat often to feed your metabolism. You need to eat to lose. And guess what...apparently it works! So how much did I lose? 3 1/2 lbs.

So, next week during that "time of the month" I'm sure I'll be up, but will I be discouraged? Heck no! I have more energy and feel pretty good, so I know I'm doing something right.

My goals for the week include walking with Christi every morning and doing yoga Tuesday and Friday. I walked and "yoga'd" this morning. Sarah, YOU KICKED MY BUTT! Lets hope I can stick with those goals. Seeing weight-loss really is motivating, but girls, if you start to see me slack, please don't hold back in telling me "what-for". Thanks to all of you for your encouraging words, for the support of the other "Losers", and especially for Martha, my personal coach/meal idea person/friend. Love you guys!

7 comments:

Christi said...

You're doing a great job. Keep up the good work and I'm more than happy to have company in the morning!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Aubrey!! I thought I saw you out there at Yoga the other day.. You are awesome!

Janet said...

Hey, what time do you go walking and what days, and where do you meet at? :) I was thinking about joining ya if that's ok. and GREAT job on the 3 1/2 lbs!! That is amazing!!!

Jennica said...

You Go Girl!!!! I wish I could be losing weight like you, maybe after the baby comes. =) I am proud of you and will enjoy hearing about your progress!

Joyful Mother of Children said...

Janet, I'm trying to go every morning at 6am. Christi Shakespear and Carrie Sucher are also going most days. They start walking toward the park and I meet them there. You're welcome to come!!!

JGEM said...

Congratulations. And... we miss seeing you all too. You'll have to tell Aidan hi for me

Stephanie said...

3 1/2 pounds is awesome girl!! You are looking great these days and always have! Your one beautiful woman! I will be sure to ask you if I see you outside how it is going and be your biggest cheerleader!!!