Thursday, August 21, 2008

Back in the Saddle

I'm back in the saddle again...I love that song. I've been silently humming it as I am relieved to find that I am back in the saddle, in regards to my "healthy lifestyle changes" that is. (No, it's not a diet!)

This week has been kinda hard, but I've kept telling myself that it's a learning process, and it is. Here's the good thing; it's only been a couple of days and I feel rededicated. In the past I would have had the thought, "oh, screw it! I messed up anyway, what difference does it make?" Not this time! I'm human. I'm not going to always get it right. Knowing that and accepting mistakes has made moving on much easier. I don't feel like I've ruined everything.

I'm so grateful for the support group I have for keeping me accountable. I'm really gonna HATE telling everyone else on Monday night that I didn't meet my goals for the week. But, we live and learn, and having to tell the others that I didn't make it will for sure make me want to try harder next week and in the future. This cowgirl's spurring along, taking one hill at a time.

6 comments:

Janet said...

You are so funny! I've felt like giving up about a million times this week. But, I love being in this biggest losers group :) Thanks!! I still hate your scale though....

Christi said...

you still doing good?

Kimmers said...

Hey keep going, you can do it!!! Can you bring your "Spurs" to the weigh in please, nothing like a committed cowgirl.. :)

Kat said...

You are awesome! I am totally impressed with your dedication. You can do it!

joeandjill said...

Cute blog!! I am so glad I found your blog! You are hilarious at pounce night!:)

Amannda Ashby said...

I love you!!! I'm glad you are bogging. I'm going to try to make time to keep up with other people. Making goals is challenging, but in the long run you know you'll be a better person because of it. As I have had opportunities to focus on staying in shape it became a siritual journey for me along the way. Keep it up girl!